A Doctoral Symposium will be held in conjunction with the 24th International Symposium on Formal Methods (FM 2021), 20-26 November. The hosting institution of FM 2021 is the Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China. Just like the entire FM, the Doctoral Symposium will be held as an online event.
Doctoral Symposium Chairs
- Wolfgang Ahrendt, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Ji Wang, National University of Defence Technology, Changsha, China
Goals and Scope
This symposium aims to provide a supportive environment in which selected PhD students can present and discuss their ongoing work, meet other students working in the field of formal methods, and receive feedback and advice from experienced researchers. In addition to talks followed by discussions, the event will also provide opportunities for PhD students to meet senior academics in smaller groupings, to informally discuss research strategies, career aspects, or any other topic of interest.
If you are a PhD student researching any topic that falls within the area of formal methods, you are warmly invited to submit a Research Abstract for consideration to be selected as a participant of the Doctoral Symposium.
There will be a best presentation award.
Research Abstracts should be no more than 4 pages in Springer LNCS format. Your Research Abstract should:
- Outline the problem being addressed, its relevance, the solution you are working on, your research approach (such as your research method) and your expected contribution.
- Contain a very brief literature survey indicating the most important references related to:
- the problem being addressed and/or
- existing solutions as appropriate
- Indicate your progress to date and the current stage of research.
The Research Abstract should be written by yourself as sole author, but may include references to relevant papers you have already published, including joint publications with collaborators.
How to Submit
Please upload your Research Abstract via the Easy Chair submission page.
- Submission deadline: October 4th, 2021
- Notification: October 22nd, 2021