PhD (CityU), BEng (SDU)
Associate Research Professor
State Key Laboratory of Computer Science
Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.
Email: ycai.mail _A_T_ gmail.com
My Google Scholar page.
I am interested in concurrency bugs in large-scale multithreaded programs, such as:
- Concurrency Bug Fixing/Repair: FSE 2017a, ICSE 2016a.
- Data Race - Sampling: FSE 2017, FSE 2016,
- Data Race - Active Scheduling and Reduction: FSE 2015, IEEE TPDS 2013, ISSRE 2011.
- Predictive Deadlock Detection: ICSE 2012, IEEE TSE 2014.
- Real Deadlock Detection: ASE 2016, TSE 2016, ICSE 2014, IEEE TPDS 2015, PPoPP 2013, ICSE 2012.
These two papers present an overview on part of my previous work: ECOOP 2012 DS (presented at ECOOP 2012 Doctoral Symposium) and TSETH 2013 (including some ideas on implementation of my research tools and some demo screenshots) .
Some of my research tools are available. If you are interested in my research and my research tools, please feel free to send me emails.
- Young AE Project member (2014 - 2018), Frontiers of Computer Science (FCS). (2016 Impact Factor: 1.039, SCI indexed.)
- IEEE TSE, IEEE TC, IEEE TSC, IEEE TR, JSS (JSS), The Compute Journal, Computer Languages, Systems and Structures.
- ICSE 2015, FSE 2014, COMPSAC 2015/2016/2017, QSIC 2013, ICSOC 2013, ICWS 2015/2012/2011, ICEBE 2011, APSEC 2011.
- Keynote Speaker, IEEE TrustSoft 2016
- Student Volunteer of ACM PLDI 2012 and ECOOP 2012, Beijing, China
- Helper of IEEE APSEC 2012, Hong Kong, China
NEW Jinpeng Zhou, Sam Silvestro, Hongyu Liu, Yan Cai, and Tongping Liu. UnDead: Defeating Deadlocks of Production Software . Accepted to ASE'17, 2017.
NEW Liang He, Yan Cai, ... ... Heap Overflows . Conditionally Accepted to ASE'17, 2017.
NEW Yan Cai, Lingwei Cao, and Jing Zhao. Adaptively Generating High Quality Fixes for Atomicity Violations . Accepted to ESEC/FSE'17, 2017.
NEW Yu Guo§, Yan Cai§, and Zijiang Yang. AtexRace: Across Thread and Execution Sampling for In-house Race Detection. Accepted to ESEC/FSE'17, 2017.
- 2016, 2016 Excellent Young AE Award, Frontiers of Computer Science.
- 2014, ACM SIGSOFT CAPS Travel Award for travel to ICSE'14. Amount: 675 USD.
- 2013, Research Tuition Scholarship for Research Student, City University of Hong Kong.
- 2013, Outstanding Academic Performance Award for Research Student, City University of Hong Kong.
- 2012, Conference Grant for travel to ICSE'12, City University of Hong Kong, Amount: 10,000 HKD.
- 2011, Conference Grant for travel to ISSRE'11, City University of Hong Kong, Amount: 8,971.33 HKD.
- 2009, Literary and Art Activities Individual Scholarship, Shandong University, China. Amount: 1,000 RMB.
- 2008, National Inspirational Scholarship, Shandong University. Amount: 5,000 RMB.
- 2008, First Class Scholarship and Merit Student, Shandong University. Amount: 3,000 RMB.
- 2008, Third Class Award in The National College Students Language Basic Skills Competition, MOE of China.
- 2007, National Inspirational Scholarship, Shandong University. Amount: 5,000 RMB.
- 2007, Second Class Scholarship, Shandong University. Amount: 2,000 RMB.
- Computer Networks, Software Design, Software Engineering Practice, Software Testing and Maintenance.