PhD (CityU), BEng (SDU)
Associate Research Professor
State Key Laboratory of Computer Science
Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Email: ycai.mail _A_T_ gmail.com
My Google Scholar page.
I am interested in concurrency bugs in large-scale multithreaded programs, such as:
- Concurrency Bug Fixing/Repair: FSE 2017a, ICSE 2016a.
- Data Race - Sampling: FSE 2017b, FSE 2016,
- Data Race - Scheduling and Reduction: FSE 2015, IEEE TPDS 2013, ISSRE 2011.
- Predictive Deadlock Detection: ICSE 2012, IEEE TSE 2014.
- Real Deadlock Detection: ASE 2016, TSE 2016, ICSE 2014, IEEE TPDS 2015, PPoPP 2013, ICSE 2012.
These two papers present an overview on part of my previous work: ECOOP 2012 DS (presented at ECOOP 2012 Doctoral Symposium) and TSETH 2013 (including some ideas on implementation of my research tools and some demo screenshots) .
Some of my Research Tools are available. If you are interested in my research and my research tools, please feel free to contact me.
- (Co) Program Chair, COMPSAC SETA 2018, COMPSAC 2018, SETA.
- Editorial Board member, Journal of Systems and Software (JSS), from 2017.
- Young Associate Editor, Frontiers of Computer Science (FCS), from 2014.
> Received: Excellent Young AE Award (2016).
- Journals: IEEE TSE, IEEE TC, IEEE TSC, IEEE TR, JSS, The Compute Journal, Computer Languages, Systems and Structures ...
- Conferences: SETTA 2018 (TPC), ICSE 2015, FSE 2014, COMPSAC 2015/2016/2017, QSIC 2013, ICSOC 2013, ICWS 2015/2012/2011, ICEBE 2011, APSEC 2011 ...
- Keynote Speaker, IEEE TrustSoft 2016
- Student Volunteer of ACM PLDI 2012 and ECOOP 2012, Beijing, China
- Helper of IEEE APSEC 2012, Hong Kong, China
NEW Jinpeng Zhou, Sam Silvestro, Hongyu Liu, Yan Cai, and Tongping Liu. UnDead: Detecting and Tolerating Deadlocks in Production Software. ASE'17, 2017.
NEW Liang He, Yan Cai, Hong Hu, Purui Su, Zhenkai Liang, Yi Yang, Huafeng Huang, Jia Yan, Xiangkun Jia, and Dengguo Feng. Automatically Assessing Crashes from Heap Overflows. ASE'17, 2017.
- 2016, 2016 Excellent Young AE Award, Frontiers of Computer Science.
- 2014, ACM SIGSOFT CAPS Travel Award for travel to ICSE'14. Amount: 675 USD.
- 2013, Research Tuition Scholarship for Research Student, City University of Hong Kong.
- 2013, Outstanding Academic Performance Award for Research Student, City University of Hong Kong.
- 2012, Conference Grant for travel to ICSE'12, City University of Hong Kong, Amount: 10,000 HKD.
- 2011, Conference Grant for travel to ISSRE'11, City University of Hong Kong, Amount: 8,971.33 HKD.
- 2009, Literary and Art Activities Individual Scholarship, Shandong University, China. Amount: 1,000 RMB.
- 2008, National Inspirational Scholarship, Shandong University. Amount: 5,000 RMB.
- 2008, First Class Scholarship and Merit Student, Shandong University. Amount: 3,000 RMB.
- 2008, Third Class Award in The National College Students Language Basic Skills Competition, MOE of China.
- 2007, National Inspirational Scholarship, Shandong University. Amount: 5,000 RMB.
- 2007, Second Class Scholarship, Shandong University. Amount: 2,000 RMB.
- Computer Networks, Software Design, Software Engineering Practice, Software Testing and Maintenance.